Thursday, November 3, 2016

Laws



It's possible to come under a different set of influences.

This is part of the laws that govern me. It's true; I'm unaware of these laws, for the most part. If I have heard of them, generally, I just think about them. They become intellectual ideas, constructions and forms that I play with or retroactively attempt to apply to things that have happened to me so that I can pretend I understand them better.

Yet my body is under a different set of laws than my imagination. It is under real, practical laws, which include not just its day-to-day operation but a level of sensitivity I'm not in good relationship with. That level of sensitivity is connected to both higher and lower levels than the one I exist on.

I don't live; I exist. There is a possibility of living instead of just existing; but in order to do that, I need to come into a new relationship with these laws from a practical point of view.

These laws include the law of my own mortality. They are written in the text of my cells. This is not a set of laws made from words and ideas, but laws that manifest through the intelligence of sensation and the intelligence of feeling. I will never know these laws unless these other intelligences develop much better in me, and I bring them into a greater measure of relationship with my thinking. I need to have a conscious experience of these laws in order for them to mean anything real to me. Anything other than imaginary things.

If I begin to sense these laws, I also begin to understand the loving nature of the force that creates them. The laws support my Being; just as my body supports my Being. There is an emanation of love from each of the levels I am in contact with; and if I come into relationship with these laws in a new and more sensitive way, that emanation supports me more directly.


Hosanna.





Lee van Laer is a Senior Editor at Parabola Magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.