Sunday, November 23, 2008

anniversary


Tomorrow marks the second anniversary of the Zen, Yoga, Gurdjieff blog.

My readership is no doubt wondering what the heck has happened lately. As I've explained before, I am in the middle of writing a new novel, which is absorbing a great deal of my writing time.

The book is on a roll, and one should never stand in the way of words that flow well. Those of you who write will understand that.

To compound the problem, in my personal work, I've been investigating questions that don't belong in public postings.

For those of you who find the blog worthwhile, and are drawing sustenance from its content, allow me to remind you that there are well over 400 posts available here. Browsing will probably turn up many interesting observations which even I myself have forgotten I made. So, by all means, shop around through earlier posts for subjects that interest you.

The good news -- perhaps it's good news, anyway -- is that I will be off work starting next Wednesday, and that I am going to China again on December 1.

Traditionally, I post regularly while I am on trips, and I will do my best to contribute a substantial set of observations over the next month or so.

Because the second anniversary is upon us, and because it seems as though the occasion ought to be marked by the publication of something significant, I am going to offer a statement from my personal work that I wrote about a month ago. It's brief.


What do we need?

Principally, we need others, for work cannot take place without relationship. Every attempt to avoid others, every attempt to avoid relationship, is actually an attempt to avoid work. We rationalize this in many different ways, but it is always an attempt not to work.

You will know the level of your work has truly changed in the moment when you first see that you need another person more than they see that they need you.

This is an extremely important point of work. At the moment than one actually understands this, the responsibility towards others changes completely. Many assumptions and habitual methods of behaving must be re-evaluated in light of this seeing.

Warm regards to all of you,

May your heart be open, and your prayers be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.